Have you ever wondered how agile a pig can be? Have you always dreamed of test driving some Bobcat heavy equipment? Are you itching to get out of the bustle of busy city life and enjoy a day in the country? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then the Kayben Farms Summer Roundup is the perfect event for you!
The Summer Roundup will be held at Kayben Farms (316034 32 St E, Okotoks, AB T1S 1A2) from July 1 - 7. This exciting event is in celebration of the western heritage of the beautiful Foothills of Alberta and the perfect day trip away from the busy city during Stampede.
The Summer Roundup features: pony rides, pig agility, Bobcat equipment displays, horsemanship demonstrations, 4H demonstrations, music, food, tractor rides and more. It is the perfect antidote to a busy city life.
“We want to provide our community with some cost-effective family fun,” says Kayben Farms owner, Judy Kolk. “We absolutely love the Calgary Stampede but we still remember hauling our three kids into the city when they were little and after a full day of fun (and money!) they said their favourite part was the c-train ride!”
Kayben Farms has an answer to that! The mini-train which tours guests through the property is a visitor favourite. Judy suggests bringing your kids to Kayben Farms for a day of family fun and sun and then enjoying an adults only evening at the Calgary Stampede. The best of both worlds.
The schedule of activities for each day, July 1 - 7 is as follows:
- Pony Rides: 10:00 am-12:30 pm & 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm
- Pony Photo Shoots: 10:00 am to 11:30 pm
- Inner Equine Horsemanship demonstrations: 1:00 – 1:30 pm
- 4H demos and activities: throughout the day
- July 1 – Agility Pigs from PigTale Acres, tractor drawn wagon rides
- July 2 – 11:00 am Alberta Guide Dogs demo, followed by meet n’ greet, Tractor drawn wagon rides
- July 3 – Step Ahead Carriage Wagon Rides 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
- July 4 – Step Ahead Carriage Wagon Rides 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
- July 5 – Bobcat of Calgary – Drive a Bobcat and Backhoe!
- July 6 – Bobcat of Calgary – Drive a Bobcat and Backhoe!
Admission is as follows:
To learn more about Kayben Farms and the Summer Roundup please visit, www.kayben.com
or contact Kayben Farms at 403.995.5509.
Kayben Farms is a member of the Foothills Tourism Association, an aligned strategy designed to drive tourism opportunities and sustainability within the Foothills. The association represents over 200 Foothills-based businesses. To learn more please visit, www.foothillstourism.com
Address: 316034 32 St E, Okotoks, AB T1S 1A2
Start Date: Jul 01
End Date: Jul 07